East Canada Section: There are those of us who fly for pleasure and those of us for whom flying is our career. Much of the Ninety-Nines’ activities center around getting into our planes and just having fun…women join the Ninety-Nines because they love to fly.
East Canada includes six Chapters. Find one near you, join us in friendship and aviation activities.
In 1950, Canada’s first Chapter of the Ninety-Nines called themselves the First Canadian Chapter.
Membership expanded quickly and on Dec. 29, 1988 East Canada Section was officially incorporated and has since grown extending across Ontario, Quebec and the 4 Atlantic Provinces.
The East Canada Section is made up of 6 Chapters:
- Montreal Chapter covers all of Quebec
- Eastern Ontario Chapter members are from the Ottawa area down to Brockville
- First Canadian Chapter members range from Peterborough west to Hamilton and north to Muskoka
- Maple Leaf Chapter members are from the Niagara region west to Windsor and Sarnia
- Sleeping Giant Chapter is the northern Thunder Bay areas
- Waterloo on the Grand is the newest 99s chapter and is based in the Brantford/ Kitchener/Waterloo areas
East Canada Section Officers
Governor – Lisa Bishop, Maple Leaf Chapter
Vice-Governor – Robin Hadfield, First Canadian Chapter
Treasurer – Sharron Lutman, East Ontario Chapter
Secretary – Lesley Page, First Canadian Chapter
The East Canada Section hosts the annual Gold Cup Air Rally, open to all female pilots. Click here to read more information about upcoming GCAR events and past photo album.